Frequently Asked Questions
How do I save money on my move?
- Have all item packaged in boxes and well wrapped
- Take apart beds, shelving units, tables and any furniture that needs to be disassembled
- Get rid of old items that you no longer want. This will reduce the amount of goods that need to be moved.
- Move the smaller items yourself and ask us about moving the larger items and furniture.
- Make sure you’re ready to move on moving day. Your costs will go up if there are last minute items to pack by the moving company.
- If you have friends or family that can help you move this will cut down on the moving costs as well.
- Let the movers know about all outdoor items such as barbecue’s, plants, wheelbarrows, ladders etc… before the move. If these aren’t added into the original cost you could incur extra charges to move these items.
I can get it cheaper through U-Haul… why should I use you?
Have you taken into account the following charges:
- Truck rental
- Paid kilometres
- Smart Move insurance
- Possible damage to goods (furniture, pictures, breakables)
- Equipment (dolly, blankets, boxes)
- Ferry costs if going off island ($100+ GST over height)
- Your time
- Your expertise in packing the truck
- Help loading and unloading
We offer in our moving price:
- Load and unload
- All equipment
- Storage if needed
- Ferry cost included
- Insurance covered
What is your phone number?
Toll Free: 1-888-442-6577
What is your mailing address?
Sooke Moving and Storage
2018 Idlemore Rd
What are your hours of operation?
Mon – Fri: 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 4 pm
Sunday and Holidays – Closed